Understand the Business of Healthcare
Based on federal statistics, healthcare administration is the fastest growing industry in the country. With the online B.S. in Healthcare Administration at Alvernia University, you can get the knowledge and training you need for a successful career in this dynamic industry. Earn a degree that helps you meet the strong demand from healthcare employers. All of your learning takes place with the flexibility and convenience of learning online.
The Alvernia Difference
At Alvernia University, you can earn your degree and achieve your goals in a format that works for you.
Learn alongside dynamic faculty members who bring years of experience in healthcare, human resources, accounting, marketing and more.
Complete your coursework and manage your professional and personal schedule with the convenience and accessibility of online courses.
Engage with peers in a pragmatic and ethics-driven learning environment.
With a B.S. in Healthcare Administration, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of career opportunities in healthcare as well as the corporate world or federal agencies. Potential careers include:
- Hospital and nursing home administration
- Practice managers
- Director of operations
- Personal care home and assisted living managers
- Billing manager
- Health insurance claims manager
The online B.S. in Healthcare Administration program requires 123 credit hours, which can be achieved with the following courses.
Liberal Arts Core Courses (54/55 credits)*
General Elective Requirements (as needed)**
Behavioral Health Major Requirements (57-58 credits)
Business Core Requirements (30-31 credits):
- BUS 101: Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- BUS 200: Managerial Accounting (3 credits) – OR – BUS 250
- BUS 206: Management Principles (3 credits)
- BUS 207: Marketing Principles (3 credits)
- MAT 208: Statistics (3 credits) – OR – MAT 209
- BUS 342: Business Law (3 credits)
- BUS 410: Financial Markets (3 credits)
- BUS 411: Corporate Finance (3 credits)
- BUS 426: Strategic Management (3 credits)
- BUS 438: Business Seminar (3 credits)
Healthcare Core Requirements (21 credits):
- HCS 200: Foundations of Healthcare Science (3 credits)
- HCS 300: Writing for Healthcare Science (3 credits)
- HCS 330: Healthcare Literacy and Advocacy (3 credits)
- HCS 340: Healthcare Science Management (3 credits)
- HCS 400: Healthcare Systems and Policy (3 credits)
- HCS 410: Community Health Organization and Administration (3 credits)
- HCS 430: Healthcare Science Capstone (3 credits)
Related Requirements (6 credits):
- ECON 248: Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ECON 249: Microeconomics (3 credits)
Recommended Courses (6 credits):
- BUS 441: Cooperative Education in Business I (3 credits)
- BUS 442: Cooperative Education in Business II (3 credits)
*Students entering the program with 70+ transferable credits or an associate degree must complete 30/31 Liberal Arts core credits.
**A total of 123 credits, including 3 credits in a human diversity course, are required to complete a bachelor’s degree. In addition, at least 30 credits at the 300/400 level must be taken at Alvernia University.
For entrance into the Online B.S. in Healthcare Administration program, you’ll need to:
- Complete an application.
- Submit official transcript of high school grades or GED scores.
- Submit official transcript(s).
- Submit a copy of DD214 from military (if applicable).
Interested in Alvernia’s On-Campus B.S. in Healthcare Administration program, click here to learn more
Online B.S. in Healthcare Administration tuition is $440 per credit hour. Visit our financial aid page to learn what options are available to you.