Tuition (2018 – 2019)An Affordable Education Is Within Reach
Request My Info Packet
Alvernia University Online offers an outstanding degree at a price you can afford. Experience a high-quality education, with a tuition that won’t break the bank. With a quality education and reasonable prices, you can feel comfortable taking the next step toward your educational goals. We also offer financial aid resources to help you pay for your education.
|Online Undergraduate Programs||$460 per credit hour|
|Online MBA Program||$600 per credit hour|
|Online Special Education Certification Program||$570 per credit hour|
|Online Master of Education with Special Education Certification Program||$570 per credit hour|
Alvernia University strives to keep its programs affordable; however, you may still need assistance defraying the cost of your degree. Financial assistance programs at the federal, community and institutional level can help you reduce the out-of-pocket expenses of your college tuition. Discover what types of aid are available and how you can apply; our enrollment counselors are available to answer all of your questions.
Types of Financial Aid
Several types of financial aid are available; some types of aid include:
- Loans: Money that you borrow from either federal or private lenders for college expenses. The amount, as well as the interest that accrues during the life of the loan, must be repaid. Look at federal loans first, as they often have a lower interest rate than private lenders such as banks.
- Grants: Assistance that does not have to be repaid. Grants are primarily need-based.
- Scholarships: Free money that is given to a student due to an accomplishment such as excellent grades, athletics or community activities. Scholarships are primarily merit-based.
- GI Bill benefits: Support provided to either active duty or retired military personnel. Money is awarded based on service time. Benefits do not have to be repaid.
Applying for Financial Aid at Alvernia University Online
To apply for financial aid, visit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The school code for Alvernia is 003233.
Once you complete the application, your information will be processed and forwarded to Alvernia within approximately two weeks. Your financial aid package will be prepared and mailed to you once your FAFSA has been received, you have been accepted into your program, and you have been registered.
To maintain your benefits, you’ll need to apply for funding each award year. You should complete the reapplication process at least 60 days before your academic year ends.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You can file after filing calendar year taxes; or, anytime after January 1st, and before June 30th of the next calendar year.
- No. You may apply before you are accepted, but you will not receive a financial aid package until you are accepted and have registered for your courses.
- Yes! For information on how to apply to Alvernia as a transfer day student, go to the transfer section of the Admissions page.
- Several. The Federal Pell grant and federal loan programs provide assistance to eligible students attending school part time.
- Read and respond! Call us with any questions and respond by the stated deadline.
- Maybe. If Alvernia requests your tax return, we will require a Federal Tax Transcript. We will not be able to accept a copy of the Federal 1040EZ, A or 1040 you filed. You will need to request this document directly from the IRS and provide a copy to the Office of Student Financial Planning. You can request this document by going online to www.irs.gov or calling 1-800-908-9946. You can View the IRS Tax Transcript process here. Please review your requested documents on your myAlvernia and respond as quickly as possible.
- Evening students are eligible to apply for two different programs: the federal Pell Grant and federal Stafford loans. File the FAFSA and complete a Master Promissory Note if you want a Stafford loan.
- Don’t panic. Call the Office of Student Financial Planning and we’ll tell you what procedures to follow so we can help you obtain additional financial aid.
- Yes. You must reapply each year.
- Yes! You must earn at least 67% of your credits attempted each semester, in addition to maintaining a minimum grade point average to keep receiving your financial aid. For more information contact Office of Student Financial Planning.
- No. Alvernia bills students one semester at a time and you are welcome to use our installment payment plan. For more information on our payment plan, contact the Student Billing Office.
- No, because the rules change every year, and you just never know!