The Alvernia Difference
At Alvernia University, you can earn your degree and achieve your goals in a flexible primarily online format.
Request My Info Packet
Post-Master’s DNP Program tuition is $1000 per credit hour. Visit our financial aid page to learn what options are available to you. More
Complete your coursework and manage your current work schedule with the accessibility of primarily online courses. More
Engage with peers in a pragmatic and ethics-driven learning environment. More
Courses (35 Credits)
Courses (16 credits):
- NUR 700 Immersion to the DNP Program*
- NUR 701 Theoretical Foundations in DNP*
- NUR 702 Ethics, Policy and Advocacy in the Health Care System
- NUR 703 Using Informatics for Quality Improvement
- NUR 704 Local and Global Population-based Health
- NUR 705 Leadership in Organizations and Health Care Systems*
Leadership Practicum (4 credits):
- NUR 800 DNP Leadership Practicum I
- NUR 801 DNP Leadership Practicum II
Evidence-based Scholarly and Practice Inquiry Courses (15 credits):
NUR 802 Applied Statistics for Evidence-based Practice
NUR 803 Translational Research
NUR 804 Evidence-based Scholarly and Practice Inquiry I*
NUR 805 Evidence-based Scholarly and Practice Inquiry II*
NUR 806 Evidence-based Scholarly and Practice Inquiry III
*intensive format/brief residency requirement
Admission to the Post-Master’s DNP Clinical Leadership or Health Systems Leadership program occurs three times per year. It is recommended that applications be received by July 15 for the fall semester, November 15 for the spring semester and March 15 for the summer sessions.
For entrance into the online Post-Master’s DNP Clinical Leadership or Health Systems Leadership programs, you’ll need to:
- Complete an online application.
- Submit official college transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned a master’s degree in nursing (MSN) from an ACEN- (formerly NLNAC), CNEA or CCNE-accredited program at a college or university.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in an MSN program.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics and research course with a grade of C or better within five years.
- Three recommendations (preferably from professional nurses with graduate degrees) regarding applicant’s practice and potential for graduate work in nursing.
- Submit current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Short essay describing short- and long-term professional goals and how participation in Alvernia University’s DNP program will lead to fulfillment of these goals (Guidelines are available on the Alvernia University website).
- Submit a photocopy of current Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License.
- Official statement or letter of the number of practicum or clinical hours completed in the master’s program from the degree-granting institution.
- A meeting with the DNP program director after all required application materials have been received to review the Post-Master’s DNP program curriculum and course schedule.
- Upon admission to the Post-Master’s DNP program, compliance with clinical practice clearances before first practicum course NUR 705: Leadership in Organizations and Health Care Systems.
Online Post-Master’s DNP program tuition for both the Clinical Leadership and Health Systems Leadership tracks is $1,000 per credit hour. Visit our financial aid page to learn what options are available to you.
The changing landscape of healthcare creates great opportunities for innovative nursing leaders with a desire to improve the quality of clinical patient care, revamp healthcare education and training or advocate for and develop new healthcare policy.
Alvernia University is in the process of applying for initial accreditation for its DNP Program through the Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE). For further information about the accreditation of DNP Programs, please contact the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001. www.ccneaccreditation.org/